UHP is conducting increased speed enforcement on I-15 in Lehi
For Immediate Release
Speeding through the I-15 Tech Corridor construction becoming a concern
UHP is conducting increased speed enforcement on I-15 in Lehi.
WHAT: UDOT crews working alongside traffic in the I-15 technology corridor are concerned with an observed increase in speed through the corridor. The construction zone speed limit through the area is 60 miles per hour. However, crews and Utah County Highway Patrol Troopers have observed frequent vehicle speeds of 75, 80, 85 and even 90 miles per hour through the corridor. In an effort to increase the safety of the teams working next to traffic and the overall safety of commuters in the area, UHP will be conducting dedicated speed enforcement for an indefinite amount of time in the corridor.
WHEN: Monday, February 4th at 10 a.m.
· UDOT PIO John Gleason & UHP PIO Sgt. Nick Street
· UHP patrol cars
· Troopers utilizing lidar and radar to gauge vehicle speeds
· Troopers conducting traffic stops
· Media invited to ride along with officers conducting enforcement
· Media may place GoPro cameras on UHP vehicles
· A view of actual speeders below the Triumph Bridge
· Speeds are frequently reduced in work zones throughout the state due to narrow lanes, changes to on-ramp or off-ramp locations, and the proximity of construction workers to traffic. The speed reduction is even more necessary in inclement weather. In Utah, fines are doubled for traffic violations in work zones. However, initially UHP’s Tech Corridor enforcement will try to target an educational approach to inform drivers of these and additional work zone dangers.
Utah Department of Transportation – PIO
Sgt. Nicholas Street
Utah Highway Patrol – PIO
SHARE THIS STORY